Welcome to the fourth edition of English Phonetics and Phonology!
Since the publication of the first edition in 1983, this course has established itself as the most practical, comprehensive text in the field and become widely used all over the world in universities and other institutions of higher education.
The new edition takes into account recent developments in the teaching of phonology.
On this site, you can:
- find out more about the author, Peter Roach and listen to a podcast interview with him.
- watch a lecture on prosody
- download free resources, including extra exercises, a clickable glossary, advice on typing phonetic symbols, and extra material on laboratory phonetics
- read prefaces to previous editions of the book
- find out more and order the book.