Advanced Vocabulary in Context
This book enables advanced level students to practise vocabulary in natural contexts. It is suitable for use in the classroom, for homework, or for self-study. The book develops an awareness of collocation, and prepares for gap-filling sections in examinations such as Cambridge CAE and CPE, as well as providing a rich source of stimulating reading material. Key features include: 24 authentic texts from quality newspapers and magazines, on stimulating contemporary topics; texts gapped for completion with 40–50 words listed separately and preliminary exercises which review pages after each group of six units. The With Key version contains an answer key.
Key Features of this Title
- 24 authentic texts on stimulating contemporary topics from quality newspapers and magazines.
- Texts are gapped for completion with 40-50 words listed separately.
- Preliminary exercises that prepare for the gap filling by practising key words and word combinations.
- Follow-up practice on vocabulary and idioms used in the texts or related to them.
- Units arranged thematically in four groups of six.
- Review pages after each group of six units to provide a check on progress.